Currently working on a RESTful api for vtu.cc
I’ve been introduced to this kind of API last week at PCMSLab, now I’m trying it on my own project.
I’ll post updates…
Suivez les blogs techniques de mon employeur Groupe PCMS au Développement Logiciel au Groupe PCMS
Voici les vidéos auquels j’ai participé lors du Kabaret Kino Rive-Sud 2011 .
Titre: C’est sa faute
Réalisation: Stéphane Michon
Titre: La princesse Dorothée
Participation: Marionnette et Marionnettiste
Réalisation: Alexandre Verreault
D’autres à venir… (je vais mettre à jour le post)
Ce soir chez groupepcms http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=177587998969294
I just created jssunit project on google code. I will commit first revision next PCMS Lab day.
vtu.cc is one of my latest project. It’s an url shortener service. The goal is to get rid of long urls. It’s a free service so feel free to use it.
It’s a work in progress, but it’s functionnal and I would appreciate any feedbacks or suggestions on it.
Until next time 😉
Building v8 with mingw32 is not quite stable yet.
In the latest revision of the trunk, you need to tweak some piece of code in platform-win32.cc for it to compile.
Then, when you do get it to compile there is a nasty bug using a get accesor inside a anonymous method, wich doesn’t crashes on other platforms/compiler.
In conclusion, to avoid losing your time like I did, you should use MSVC 😉
I will post a presentation resuming the CQRS course I had with Greg Young a month ago.
The presentation will be in French and English.
The presentation was about how the DDD Ubiquitous Language is actually not that ubiquitus. In résumé, Ubiquitus Language can only be ubiquitus if you place it in a bounded context. If you have Eric Evans blue blook read the chapter 14. If you don’t have it, get it. Or go to DDD-Step-by-Step, it’s a great start.
He also explained why separating your bounded context from the start is important. Since you won’t be using DDD in all of them, you need to abstract them and focus on the core of your business. It’s alot like the AGILE priorisation technique, you split your context, then focus on the core business of your client, the one where your client need an advantage. This way you can see an ROI of using DDD, because the technique is more expensive than other simpler approach.
It was a nice presentation, minor some technical problems (wich I didn’t have, since I was on site). The presentation was recorded, I’ll post a link to the video here once Greg put it online.
By default v8 only builds on MSVC for Windows. It also supports building with mingw, but it is not documented anywhere and I’ve lost some time finding how. So here it is, easy steps for whoever needs it.
1. v8 source code (of course), in my case I used trunk.
svn checkout http://v8.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ v8
2. scons (building tool used by v8)
3. mingw32 (gcc 4.x.x is required to build v8)
You can get those from http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/.
Building v8 with mingw
1. Using the “toolchain=gcc” command line paremeter doesn’t work, so you need to modify Scons.
a) Open file C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\scons-1.3.0\SCons\Tool\__init__.py
b) Find the line “if str(platform) == ‘win32’:”
c) Modify the tools lists to use mingw tools instead of msvc tools by default.
Should look something like this once done:
linkers = ['gnulink', 'mslink', 'ilink', 'linkloc', 'ilink32' ]
c_compilers = ['mingw', 'msvc', 'gcc', 'intelc', 'icl', 'icc', 'cc', 'bcc32' ]
cxx_compilers = ['g++', 'msvc', 'intelc', 'icc', 'c++', 'bcc32' ]
assemblers = ['nasm', 'masm', 'gas', '386asm' ]
fortran_compilers = ['g77', 'gfortran', 'ifl', 'cvf', 'f95', 'f90', 'fortran']
ars = ['ar', 'mslib', 'tlib']
2. Open a command line (cmd.exe)
3. Set you environment path (if required)
4. Build v8
scons mode=debug visibility=default
note: the visibility=default parameter is required otherwise gcc generate a warning (as an error) and the build doesn’t work.
note: currently (revision 4432) only static debug mode works with mingw building, debug=release produce errors (warning as error) and so does library=shared (building dll). Will try to fix this in a next post.
Have fun with v8 😉